Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hey I'm Back !

It's been a while since I last posted a blog. My last post was last year...tsk.tsk.tsk. It's either I'm very busy or very lazy. I think I'm both. Hehe. But that doesn't mean my photography world stopped. In fact, I got a lot new things I want to share with you.

Let me start by saying that I fully dive-in to full frame dslr. I got my Nikon D700 last December and when i held it my first reaction was..hmmm, so this is how a pro camera feels.. IT FELT GREAT!!! especially with the battery grip. It feels very solid in my hands and rubber feels like it latches on my hand. Coming from a D90, it did not took long to get familiar with the controls and menu layouts. As for the exposure, I was surprise how accurate it is compared to D90 which tends to render slightly brighter. I'm a low key shooter, so I like shots that are little bit underexposed. And of course, the noiseless shot on higher ISO setting (6400) on a low light condition...it's just simply superb. I can go on and on...like 8fps, intervalometer, 9shot bracketing... But I'll just stop here.

Next I want to share some of the great photography resources I found through out my course of improving my shots.


'The Digital Photography Book' volume 1,2 and 3 by Scott Kelby.
If you are starting with photography and looking for a companion that will answer most of your question. This is the book for you. It won't bore you with long explanation but instead give it to you straight.
Check it out in Amazon.com


'Captured by the Light' by David Ziser.
This is a must for wedding photographers. The tips and techniques that David illustrates are just phenomenal. Do you wanna learn how to use an on camera flash like it's an off flash.. how about the technique in taking tack sharp group shots...what's the most flattering lighting set-up. This book is worth every cent.
 Check it out in Amazon.com


D'Town TV  http://kelbytv.com/dtowntv
It's a webcast for photography tips which started out for Nikon shooter but now evolved to a generic DSLR shooter. They have tons of tips and currently on their 75th episode. Check it out especially if you're a Nikon shooter.


Mostly Photos http://twit.tv/photo
This is another webcast hosted by Leo Laporte (The TechGuy) and Lisa Bettany. Every week they pull-out a great photographer and share their experiences. The best part I like is when they show the gears that they are using (then i hear whispers on my ears saying.. buy that.. buy that... hehe).



Featured Photographer: Dave Black
This guy is an accomplished photographer. A veteran sports photographer doing work for Sports Illustrated, Time, Newsweek, ESPN and others. I came across with Dave in Scott Kelby's blog and checked out his site http://www.daveblackphotography.com and oh boy... he has a lot of great and interesting shots. I was amazed on the angles and composition of his shot not to mention the crisp detail and vibrant colors. I was inspired by how he used speedlights in shaping the lights of his subjects. Go on and check his blog and you will know what I mean.

And lastly, what's a photo blog without pictures.. Here they are.. ENJOY !.

Singapore CBD Skyline

Stadium Station

Life

Banana Flower

Here i come

Pulang Tutubi

Tipaklong

Insect

Tractor Tracks

My Son's Chuck Taylor

No comments: